Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Strips to look at


from The Perry Bible Fellowship

Thanks for the great class last night - I'll be sure to post the jam comics once I get them scanned so you can share them with all your adoring fans.

I thought I'd post some links to some really good online strips - "webcomics" - since you'll be doing strips over the next week. Remember that the first part of your homework is to do one 3 or 4 panel strip a day about something that happened to you.

These strips aren't "slice-of-life" like yours will be, but you can see how they use the strip format to tell some compelling stories.

The image at the top of this post os from The Perry Bible Fellowship by Nicholas Gurewitch. Crazy and funny and beautifully drawn.

-----------------




Achewood
by Chris Onstad - one of the most popular webcomics around.

-----------------


Hark, A Vagrant
by K. Beaton - historical and hilarious.

-----------------


Get Your War On
and some other strips by Davis Rees

-----------------


I should add a disclaimer that some of these strips are adult in content and use adult words and situations. You might get offended - I know I have by some of them - so go look with a thick skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment